I'm Still Here

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Hi everyone!

Sorry to say it's been 7 months since my last entry.  I've been so busy at the office and with house projects/yard work that I haven't had time to blog.  If we're friends on Facebook then you know how much yard work we've done recently.  After taking the grass out everywhere over a year ago, we finally have a small area of grass in the back yard that we sodded ourselves and we've gone water-wise in the front.  After years of taking an unreasonable stance against them, I've finally seen the light and have accepted roses into my garden-scape. For some reason I had the idea that they were too much work but they've actually been some of the most successful and low-maintenance plants I've had.  So I'm adding them in everywhere.  Also, our puppy digs these out the least because of the thorns.  Dumb dog.  She's ruined more plants, I tell you.  And dug holes! Ugh.  But she's getting better. Here's some pics:

Heaviest rolls of sod EVER
Digging trenches for sprinklers


After/Before (Not sure why I did it that way lol) Candy approves of the grass :)
Our new seating area out back LOVE
Front yard under construction.
Front yard
Finished!

Close up near the porch

Front side yard

Now if we can just get rid of the dead Magnolia tree we'll be in business.  I'm super happy with all the improvements we've been making.  Makes it such a joy to come home.  Seriously stress relieving.  

In other news, we went to Vegas last month where I got to see my idol, Britney Spears!  It was very entertaining.  She didn't sing a lick of it. LOL But I knew what I was going to get when I signed up to see her. ;)  


Toxic

The next night we saw Celine Dion and holy MOLY can that woman sing.  It's like she's from another planet.  Crazy good.  Not afraid to admit that I totally cried. Didn't really get pics at Celine because we were 4 rows from the end of all seats.  Terrifying up there!  But it did not matter, she was so awesome.

Last night my younger brother and his girlfriend Lisa got engaged! I'm so excited.  I know their wedding is going to be a blast too.  Eek! Can't wait. ♥♥♥ 

So, that's about it for now.  Until our next project which (God willing) will be our kitchen back splash. Finally!

Have a super awesome day!
♥ Holly ♥


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me