Bathroom Update and Re-covered Dining Chairs

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Howdy!

So back on the post titled 6 Months Later I posted "before" pictures of my bathroom if you wanna check them out again.  And here are some poorly lighted recent pictures!  These are after paint, baseboards, curtains and wall art.

Is that off-center rug driving you nuts too? LOL
 I got the pair of curtains at Fallas for like $5 and bonus they were long enough to cut off a bunch, hem and make a nifty valance for the window next to the shower.  I love it when a plan comes together!  Sewing cred to my awesome mother-in-law, she seriously rocks.  She does these little projects for me when she's watching the boys at our house.  How cool is that?!  And she makes them clean their rooms. LOL



Clearly, they're not light blocking curtains but I didn't need them to be.  They're merely decorative.
I LOVE the color I painted it too.  Very serene.  It's from Home Depot and it was an accent color I found on one of their idea cards in with the Behr paint selections.  I spray painted that palm tree wall sconce (above pic) from black to silver.  I think it goes much better with the other colors in here.


Baseboards, which Daniel surprised me with when I got back from one of my bachelorette parties last year. Score!  It was such a cheap and easy makeover, it's criminal how long it took to finish and post about.  

As is so often the case, I forgot to take "before" pictures of my dining room chairs but they were covered with the same fabric I used for the coffee table turned ottoman which has yet to be re-covered.  This ottoman pic gives you some idea of how nasty the fabric got.

YUCK.
 Once again, my MIL came through with some fabric that was donated to her to make dog beds (which she in turn donates to local shelters).  She thought this was too nice to use for that though so I scored again.


Much better and more practical if you ask me.  It's kind of shiny too so stuff rolls off of it easier than the cotton fabric I used before.  

Yet another free project.  Gotta love it. 

That's all for now, folks!
♥ Holly ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me