#truth (Weight woes and maybe more...)

Monday, October 24, 2016

Hi guys,
     I need to do something.  Let me just take you back to when I did my 90 day Visalus challenge:  In 3 months I lost about 11 lbs.  I started around 139lbs and got all the way down to 129lbs for a couple of days...  It's funny when you reach your goals or a goal how easy it is (at least it was for me) to just stop all the good things you were doing to get there and back slide, isn't it?  Well, let me tell you, I back-slid. Hard...

This morning I am weighing in at 145lbs.  145!!!  After our river trip last week I had gotten all the way up to 150lbs.  Gah!  Now, maybe that doesn't sound like a terrible number to some people but for 5 foot 4 inch me, it's, well it's the biggest I've ever been when not pregnant or having just had a baby.  According to the BMI scale (which I will say has some flaws) I'm borderline obese at this point.  When Daniel and I were dating (just after high school for me) I fluctuated around the mid to high 120's.  I wasn't working out, I wasn't eating healthy at the time but I wasn't drinking that much either.  That's just being young and not having had kids.  I get that.  I know my body won't ever be the same as that, life happens.  There are a lot of different factors.  Right now, I eat terribly and I'm not going to lie, I like to drink.  There, I said it.  #TRUTH  It's a vicious cycle.  Drink too much, then binge eat because my inhibitors are gone.

I don't like it. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm generally very happy.  I love my husband, my kids, my dogs, my house, etc.  I just need to start developing healthy habits to feel better about my body.  So I want to do another 30 day challenge for myself.  Like the Whole 30 but maybe not as strict.  It's pretty strict.  Part of my self-imposed challenge will be no drinking for the entire month of November (starting today with the not drinking though).  Thanksgiving shouldn't be a problem food-wise because it's going to be a very small group of us this year.  I'm toying with the idea of just getting a couple of rotisserie chickens and some veggies...  We'll see.

I was inspired by (besides feeling like crap) a blog I saw on Pinterest.  It's called 100 Healthy Days.  Her before/after picture spoke to me because I thought she looked about like what I look like now.  It helps when I see other people's realistic transformations.  My friend Britteny recently had a wonderful transformation as well which also really inspired me.  She lost a few sizes and became a personal trainer, so awesome! 

Anyway, this blog helped me when I did my other challenges to stay accountable so unfortunately for y'all that means I will be posting pictures of my fat-ass. LOL  Pictures to follow.  I hope you will all support me and send your positive vibes my way!

Love,
Holly

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Positive vibes, they are a-comin'! If only we weren't so far apart, I'd make you hike with me -- because I feel you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I need to start doing some form of exercise at least! haha

      Delete

Follow Me