Anybody home??

Monday, February 11, 2013

Hello Bloggy people!
    
So, it's been almost a year since I posted anything on this blog but I'd like to try again....  I was doing so good for awhile there! Dang it. 

Anyhoo, since my last post, 2 of our nephews came to live with us for awhile.  They're 9 and 11 and have been with us for almost a year now.  Needless to say, my home has been a madhouse with 4 little boys running around, playing, fighting, stealing... nevermind...  At any rate, we've been busy.

I'm currently trying to decorate my formal living room.  Darn you, Pinterest and your clever ideas!  I started an ottoman project, pictures to follow soon, but have stalled out on it since I hit a sewing issue. Meh.  Hoping to have it finished this weekend.  I also bought a wingback chair for $10 that I'd like to re-cover myself but I think I'm just too scared. So it looks like I'll be spending the $300 to get it re-covered professionally. 

  I know, I know, I could just get a new chair, probably cheaper but this will be custom! (I keep telling myself) 

I also had the very clever idea to ask my bestie Brittany Ryan (who's an artist) for projects she didn't like or just did for class or whatever.  So I'll be getting original artwork soon, yay!   I need to get a couch and an area rug and I'll be set on furniture.  I'll be sure to post before/after pics when all is said and done.

To be continued...


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. don't be scared.. just try it! it was only $10.. and if you are going to have it professionally re-done, at least it could be b/c you tried! :) (this is debbie by the way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering who S. Berry was! Lol I may try... We'll see. ;)

      Delete
  2. HOLLY! i <3 this blogger.. she has AMAZINGLY easy craft ideas and she just did a thing on re-upholstering! http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2013/02/re-upholstering-101-how-i-re-upholstered-my-swivel-armchair.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MakeItAndLoveIt+%28Make+It+and+Love+It%29

    check her out!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me