Wow! Has it been that long?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So I look at my Facebook page to see when my last post on here was and dang if it wasn't 11 days ago... Sorry I just have had no motivation to finish my ottoman so have had nothing to really blog about. At any rate, I have tried some new Pinteresting (to coin a phrase) ideas since my last post. 

Spaghetti squash! Who knew, right? Probably lots of people but I was not aware of it so soooorry! ;)  It was totally delicious! I would swap my noodle for it any day!  Not sure if it would swap out as nicely with other sauces as with tomato based sauces though...  I was actually at the store to get zucchini to try as pasta when I ran into my friend Tracy, who looked at me like I was crazy when I said I'd never even heard of spaghetti squash so I got that instead.

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce recipe. Can I just say $$$$$$! (That means "Money!" in Holly speak)  It was so incredibly amazing I cannot even tell you.  Even better the next day and the next day and.... I should probably stop eating so much Spaghetti Alfredo.  But that's neither here nor there. ;)  I used spaghetti noodles because it was all we had.  http://pinterest.com/pin/30047522486010235/

Easy Egg Drop Soup.  Awesome!  Super simple and tasted just like what you'd get at a Chinese restaurant.  I added tofu too which tastes great and adds some more filler to this light and delicious soup. http://pinterest.com/pin/30047522486053853/

But enough about food, how bout my No Poo Shampoo and Conditioner?!  Baking soda + Water and Apple Cider Vinegar + Water respectively.  Totally legit, so far.  It absolutely cleans my hair, I've gone 2 days at a time without washing it but they say it'll get even better after my scalp returns to it's normal PH balance.  It's supposed to help your hair grow faster and stronger too which is something I need so very badly.  I also starting taking Biotin which is a vitamin supplement which helps hair, skin and nails.  My hair is hopelessly thin from over processing, add that to the fact that I now use boxed dye (tho I haven't dyed it in months) and you've got yourself hair that you put up in a bun 9 times outta 10.  Anyhoo, here's that link: http://pinterest.com/pin/30047522486052110/ 

I can't get the image to stay flipped upright! Grrrr... So annoying.


I hope some of this is helpful or interesting to any of you.  I thoroughly enjoy trying out these silly Pinterest ideas, especially since I've been having so much success with them!  I have had my fill of failures though such as last nights attempt to re-soften hard French Bread.  The tutorial said "Just rinse bread completely in cold water (don't soak though) and pop it in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes."  FAIL.  My bread got even harder!  It ended up being a great chew toy for Presley (our black lab puppy). At least someone got to enjoy it. lol

Have a great rest of your week everyone!
Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me