Do you like to DIY?

Friday, February 15, 2013

If the mood strikes... nevermind.  Happy Friday!!! 

So I teased about an ottoman that I was constructing using a yard-sale table I got for $5.  Here is my progress so far... Without the pics of it's current state of undress due to the adhesive not holding up.  In the adhesive's defense, I haven't worked on the ottoman in a couple weeks and it should have been covered in batting and fabric by now. *sigh*

$5 yard sale table that started it all
After I spray painted it black and stained the top 



My pal and partner in all things Pinteresty, Tracy with the supplies
Various supplies including cover buttons and wax coated thread for the tufting               
I can make buttons! See finished babies on the right??
 
After screwing in wood frame and stuffing it with foam to fill in the gaps.

Spray adhesive to add foam around all the edges and Voila! Ready for foam topper, batting and fabric!

We also drilled the holes in the top of the table which I forgot to take a picture of so once I'm alllll finished with it I'll post missing steps/whatnot.  Oh so the sewing issue I mentioned!  The fabric is not wide enough to cover 2 sides of it so I'll have to cut 2 pieces of the fabric and sew them to the large size which will create 2 seams on the sides (I fervently hope this works out).  Miss Tracy is going to be doing the sewing since I'm not confident on the sewing machine as of yet.

Wish us luck!!!

Have an awesome weekend!
Holly







 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow - great job!!! :) can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I took it one step further this weekend and cut the fabric that I need. Now just need to line up the Chevron pattern and sew the panels together. :)

      Delete

Follow Me