Is it naptime yet??

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

I am writing this post out of pure unadulterated BOREDOM!!!  Seriously, such a slow boring day at work!  Also, it's been awhile since I've posted.  I have to admit that I'm burned out on all my DIY-ing for the moment.  I still haven't fine tuned my "Revolutionary Pelmet Boxes", so I have one still up and two kicking it in the living room.  One is on the floor still. lol  I just haven't had the energy to work on them.  Sorry about it! 

Meanwhile, here is what's been going down.  Dylan decided to exfoliate with the asphalt...

Ouchy!
 As he told people at church last Sunday, "My face fell on the ground."  LOL Poor baby.  On the bright side, he can be Mike Tyson for Halloween... Actually, not really, the scab is almost gone already!  Thank God.


Family coloring time
Out of sheer desperation, possibly a stroke of genius, I decided to let Jack draw a town for his Lego fireman on the leftover cardboard from my pelmet boxes.  Dan and I were watching football and the kiddos were bored.  I saw a sign on Pinterest that said "This marriage has been interrupted due to football."  We could say, "Parenting has been interrupted due to football." JK!  Anyway, once he finished creating "JACKsonville" we all helped out coloring it in.  It was really fun for all.  Gotta love free entertainment!

The sunrise view from my bedroom Monday morning.
Monday's totally suck but when you wake up to that view... I mean, come on!  Loves it!  God does some amazing work with nature.  Say what you will about Lake Elsinore, aka "Lake Smellsomemore", but I absolutely love where we live.  It really feels like we live away from it all.

Last night was rough with the kids.  From the time I picked them up after work to the time they went to bed, they whined, complained and talked-back NON STOP.  We could not say one thing without commentary.  We were ripping our hair out.  The only bright spot was when Stella jumped up on my back and I had the goofy idea to do a Conga line.  The kids ate it up. 

Conga!
A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do to lighten things up and take a break from the stressful.  Have a great rest of your week y'all!

~Holly <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me