Playing catch-up

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happy Hump Day, y'all!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  My weekend was pretty hectic.  Dan is outta town so I had to deal with 2 soccer games, a pizza party and 2 church services all by my lonesome.  Which was fine, just hectic.  Meanwhile I've been trying to fine tune some past projects and do some touching up at the house.

I showed you this chest which was in our downstairs bathroom and was falling apart.


So I took all those small, glass doors off as you know for a picture project.  Last night I took the rest of it and threw it on the lawn a few times to break it apart and threw it away.  I probably looked crazy throwing this thing around. LOL  Then I moved this small "bookshelf" thingy from our closet which wasn't being used and put it in the white chests place.  (After thoroughly cleaning the bathroom floor/grout/wall behind that thing, mind you.)


I like it!  I think it makes the bathroom look bigger, which is good cuz it's tiny.  We just need to get or I just need to make some things that are a little larger to decorate the walls now.

Meanwhile, on Sunday while watching football in the garage I finally got to sanding and staining the other part of our banister.  This banister goes up the top of the stairs.  It used to be attached to the squiggly part that went on the lower half.  Here's a throwback pic from when we first moved into the house. 

Country blue carpet and grout.  Really? 1992 called, they want their decor back.
Man, I forget how far we've come sometimes. haha


That was after my first coat of stain.  I added my first coat of Polycrylic last night and I'll do another coat tonight, then one more tomorrow.  I should have that bad boy up by the time Daniel gets home on Saturday. Yay!   I'll be sure to share a pic when I'm done too.

That's all for now, folks.  Have a great rest of your week.

<3 Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me