My Kitchen is done y'all!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

OMG I can't believe I can finally say, after living in our home for almost 13 years, that our kitchen is done!  And we fixed it up by ourselves.  Of course, I say it's done but you know there's always going to be something.  We do have to re-do our floor tile someday but for now, we're happy enough to overlook it. LOL

Just to give you some perspective, here is what our kitchen looked like when we moved in back in 2005:

View from the dining area

OMG that light box was so ugly and that hanging lamp is a ceiling fan now. Wonder what my dad was talking about?? lol


And here is one more recent one just for reminder of the cabinets sake:

This was when we surprised the boys with an indoor tent camp out. :)

I took pictures of every room in the house when we moved in, but for some reason I guess I didn't feel the need to take a great picture of the kitchen. *sigh* Oh well, you get the gist.  It was all original stuff circa 1992.  Country blue carpet, white 12x12 floor tiles with country blue grout.  The kitchen and bathrooms all had linoleum that was rolling up at the edge.  Yuck.  

Here is what the kitchen looks like today:

Coffee/Tea Bar

I get a little choked up looking at it.


You guys, I can't even.  I am so totally in love with my "new" kitchen.  My hubby did all the tiling by himself.  They were 12x12 mosaic sheets.  He had to use a tile saw for a bunch of little cuts too.  So lucky we didn't end up in the ER. *phew!* ;)

We have been through so much with this kitchen, as you may be aware.  From painting the cabinets, adding hardware, trying out different countertops to finally tiling them... From painting the walls to finally installing our back splash.  What a looooong and arduous journey.  I am so relieved to be done.  Like I said, the floor tile can just wait a hot minute. haha

I also stumbled upon a great living room "before" shot so here is a before and after just because it makes me feel so good to see how far we've come!


Our first walk through as owners. ♥


I need to figure something else out for mantel decor... lol
I love what we ended up with in this room. It was our first major room makeover and we both love how it came out.  It's cozy and colorful at the same time. I apologize for not getting the wrinkles out of our worn couch. Hey, we live here people! ;)
 
That's all for now, folks!
♥ Holly ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me