Update on my Kitchen pipe leak!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Hi all!

So my wonderful mother in law made the cutest little curtain for my garden window in the kitchen.  She even climbed up onto the kitchen counter to help fluff!

She's the best ♥
The colors tie in perfectly and it covers up the gawd-awful top of the garden window.  It's double paned glass so moisture has gotten in between over the years.  Now you'd never know. 

Daniel's parents and my parents all came over yesterday for a (per Pat's request) steak lunch.  Which was expertly grilled by my hubby.

Look at those monsters!
In case you're curious, those are Rib-eye's from Costco, and that's garlic rubbed on the steaks with salt and coarse Kosher salt.

It's so much less stressful to have people over now that it's all finished.

However, the home-owner Gods have thrown us a little curve ball.  This morning we came down stairs to a leak somewhere in the wall by the window. *sigh*  So I'll be posting an update on that situation soon.  Thank God my husband is handy!

To be continued...
♥ Holly ♥

***UPDATE***

So my beautiful kitchen had to get ripped up a little to find the stupid wall leak.  *tear*  All this mess...


For THIS! Ugh, so annoying...


 A dang pinhole-sized leak. So lame.


Look at my handy-man.  Love that we save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars doing work ourselves.  But I know it's not for everyone.  My boss was just saying he knows better than doing the work himself after a few horrible attempts at DIY.

Daniel couldn't find the leak at first glance, until it sprayed him in the face. teehee  He had to turn off the water to the house, cut the pipe then slip a coupling on to cover the hole.  Then he soldered it into place.  We left everything open to dry out and I sprayed it with some white vinegar to prevent mold.  Tonight he's going to patch the drywall.  He used a razor blade to score the section of wall that bubbled up from the water and ripped it out.  Tonight he'll also re-texture everything so we can re-paint on Thursday.  Good times! Not.

Oh the joys of home ownership. Sigh 

♥ Holly ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me