Am I skinny yet??

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hi Guys!

     I haven't posted since last Wednesday, the day before I started my Vi shakes, so I thought I'd do a quick check-in.  The shakes have been going well, we haven't skipped any, we're drinking one for breakfast and another for lunch.  They keep me full!  I'm completely shocked because I am someone who loves  food and loves to eat and snack but it hasn't been an issue at all!   So I am happy to continue it to see where it takes my body.

Daniel and I finished our Jillian Michaels DVD, we weren't totally strict with it, only doing it like 3 to 4 times a week for about 5 weeks so I don't know how much affect it really had.  But, exercise is exercise, right?  I'm at 138.6 this morning which isn't exactly where I was hoping to be, if I'm being completely honest.  I even broke down a little last night (by myself) because I'm getting frustrated.  I feel like I've done a complete 180 from my old habits in the last 1 to 2 months and am still at the same weight.  I haven't been perfect but I feel like not eating the Chicken Avocado burrito from El Pollo Loco every other day (like I was frequently doing) should make at least a little difference! That burrito is 900 calories by the way...

Meanwhile we just started a new exercise regime.  Basically we're doing bench presses and cardio.  Began the night before last.  We did these things called "burnouts" where you start with say 15 lbs (for someone weak like me) on each side of the bar and press as many times as possible then take off 5 lbs from each side and repeat, 5 more and repeat.  It kicked my arm's butt! Yes, my arms have a butt... and a big one at that. ;)  We did curls the same way and then I used free weights to work my triceps but also in the same "burnout" style.  Last night we did cardio.  I jogged/walked on our treadmill for a mile while Daniel did his own thing.  We're doing his thing together tonight after weights so I'll explain more once I actually know what he did.  My treadmill is a jerk, btw.  It happens to be one that is always set at a slight incline, you have no choice.  It only goes as low as a 10 percent incline, never flat.  It is very difficult for me to run on but I'm sure over time I'll adjust and get better at it.  Fingers crossed

So, while I'm still frustrated, I am committed to sticking with it and not giving up.  I posted on Facebook my goal outfit and then I went home and tried on the size 4 jeans that I dream of getting into...


Needless to say, they don't fit yet. LOL  I could barely pull them up over my thighs and butt, forget about zipping or buttoning.  Here's hoping that all this working out and dieting pay off though.

Cheers for now!
Holly

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Keep up the hard work! Do not be discouraged. With the time and effort you have been putting in, there are bound to be results. :)
    Heck, I admire your drive. I keep thinking that if I just wish it hard enough, I'll wake up thinner one morning! lol But, in all seriousness, I am aware that it does take work and some times people stop right when there is change around the corner. Keep turning that corner and you will reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! That's the perfect thing to say. You never know what tomorrow or even next week will bring. I'll keep fighting the good fight! At least then I'll know I tried and that God just wants me to be fat. lol jk. ;)

      Delete

Follow Me