Slow and steady wins the race! I hope....

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hello everybody!
    
Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday morning.  I woke up this morning and thought, "Thank goodness it's Saturday."  Then I realllllly woke up. :(  Sad realization, but oh well! lol 

On Sunday, Daniel and I went on an extreme hike with my life-long friend Tara. Seriously, we've known eachother since 1st grade. <3  Anyhoo, we hiked Mt. Woodson which is at Lake Poway in Northern San Diego County.  I don't know about you guys but 8 miles round trip is extreme for me.  4 of those miles being straight up a mountain!  And apparently it was extreme for my dog, Presley because she couldn't make it all the way up.  Poor baby burned her tootsies on the hot dirt I think.  Tara was nice enough to hang out with the dogs (her Puggle, Hank was there too) about a mile before we reached the top while me and Daniel booked it the rest of the way up.  We were going to take a pic on "Potato Chip Rock" but there were about 10 college students up there taking every kind of picture pose they could come up with. *sigh*  But we made it to the top and that's all that really matters!

You can see some of those people on chip rock behind my head.
It took us about 4 hours round trip, we had to stop often to give the dogs a rest and water.  I'd say it was a total inconvenience except... I loved every break we took. lol  Note to self (and anyone who cares to attempt this hike) do it in the morning, not at 1pm in the hot hot afternoon. Doh!  I thought we were over-doing it by taking 5 bottles of water also, but the dog drank half!  So make sure you take plenty of water, chapstick and a towel for sweat wiping. ;)  Also we had a Luna Bar at the top of the mountain to re-fuel.  Another helpful tip I learned the hard way from the first time Tara took me on this hike, DO NOT GET DRUNK THE NIGHT BEFORE!!! Trust me, doing this with a hangover...? No bueno. lol  I was much better prepared this time.  Last time I was wearing sweatpants and a big t-shirt and that's ill advised as well.  It felt like my shirt was choking me the whole time.

This was about 3/4 of the way up.
Tara and Hank the Tank










The other great thing about this hike was the present I got Monday morning on the scale!  Here's my weight from this morning which is 4 ounces heavier than Monday but I'll take it!

Woohoo! 135.6 lbs
Today marks day 11 taking our Body by Visalus shakes.  Still going strong.  Tonight we're supposed to do cardio but our legs are still very sore from the hike so we'll see.  We did lift a bit last night so my arms are nice and sore today too.  It's so weird to me that this is a good feeling...  It hurts so good. ;)  I have 5 lbs more that I'd like to lose before our trip to Palm Springs the weekend of June 7th.  Officially though (official for my personal goals) I have until June 29th, my 30th birthday to be under 130 lbs.  I think I can, I think I can...

Have a great week everyone!!!
<3 Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me