Bleck. Mondays.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Hey there. I'm not down, it's just... ya know... Monday. Meh.

So this weekend was pretty quiet.  Daniel was out of town, in fact he's just on his way home now from up north.  I attended the funeral for my old classmate, Betty on Saturday.  My friend Lynette's husband Mike was gracious enough to watch the boys along with their three kids while we went.  He offered! So sweet of him.  So we went to that which was of course, very sad.  I feel just dreadful for her family, they're obviously devastated.  Her older sister, Ann, gave a beautiful eulogy.   Afterwards we went to the Lazy Dog Cafe in Brea with a handful of old classmates which was really nice.

From Left: Lynette, Mallory, Tanya, Me and Janice-Grace

It was definitely a bittersweet reunion. There were 10 of us in all I think.  It was great to catch up and reminisce.  As our friend John-Michael so eloquently put it, "We need to get together again, when someone isn't dead."  He's right of course.  What a horrible reason to reunite.  Our friend Marcy said she was gonna try to put together a mini-reunion sometime this summer so I'm really hoping that happens.  I told them all that whenever I hear other people talk about High School reunions they're always so negative or hate the people they went to school with and I feel SO grateful to have had classmates that I actually, thoroughly enjoy spending time with.  We're pretty darn lucky.

Other than that I just hung out with Jack and Dylan, played some basketball and watched a movie.  Went to church yesterday and sang with the worship team.  Good times. Oh and I did fool around with my camera in the garden a bit yesterday too.

Chives
Old spoon screwed to a board (tealight holder)
Star Jasmine. You can smell them in the front of the house!


Freesia, which I totally forgot was in that pot until it started to bloom. :)

 I forgot also, on Friday my little Dilly-boo (Dylan) got an award at school for perfect attendance. I'm so proud. lol  He did get a free meal for himself at BJ's tho, which totally gives me an excuse to go there! Yay!

He's was so excited.

Well that's all for now, folks!
Have a great Monday.
Love
Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me