Weekend Update with Holly Atwood

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hi there!
I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was exhausting. We had a very unfortunate experience at the track Saturday. And it was hot as heck too. First of all we were very blessed to have inherited 2 free dirt bikes for the boys. Score! However one had an issue with the throttle sticking and had a flat on the other. Meh.



We were able to get the throttle issue fixed that day and Jack got to ride around the track a couple of times on his new bike so he was happy at least.  The tire is now fixed on the other but we prolly can't go back to the track for a couple of weeks.  We WILL be ready next time tho! haha  Here is a hilarious (to me) video of Dylan trying the new bike for the first time.


He did so great! He just freaks himself out and decides to rev it! *smh*

Saturday, before we hit the track, we took the boys to breakfast at La Unica which is this great Mexican place in town.  Dan had to run to the church for a few hours to help with some makeover projects they're doing to the building.  So after breakfast I took them to find a Geocache nearby but we couldn't find it. :(  Geocaching is a worldwide scavenger hunt. http://www.geocaching.com/   It's so much fun... well, when you find the one you're looking for.  We've found 1 so far but haven't looked for too many.  The boys love it.  It's a great, FREE way to have fun with the kids.  So after our failed attempt to find a Geocache we decided to do some trespassing at the lake. (Nobody's gots to know about it) ;)  I parked on the side of the road and we hoofed it down to the water to stick our feet in.  It was fun.  Nothing like a little adventure time with my boys. <3


That night I threw a bunch of ingredients in a casserole dish and decided it's called a Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Bake. Made from whatever was left in my pantry, which wasn't much.  I took some vegetable pasta cooked it as directed.  Browned the ground turkey I had left in my freezer which was approximately 1 1/2 lbs.  Cooked 4 pieces of turkey bacon. Threw the three things in a casserole dish with half a block of Velveeta (cubed), salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste) and a quarter of an onion, diced.  I also put about half a can of diced tomatoes.  Tossed it all up and put it in the oven at 350 till the cheese was melted.  Stirred once again and served.  It was overly cheesy in Daniel's opinion but me and the boys loved it.  It tasted less cheesy when reheated the next day and it made a whole bunch too.  We still have some for the boys dinner tonight.  Give it a whirl and let me know if you like it or any tweaks you make that I may wanna try.


On a sad note, I learned Sunday night that a schoolmate I went to Elementary through High School with passed away.  Though we weren't close, Betty and I had always had good interactions and I knew she was a very nice and very smart girl.  She was one of our 5 valedictorians in High School.  From the pictures posted by her close friends and family it appeared she had a real lust for life. So many pictures of her smiling and playful.  And man did she get to travel the world!  It's such a tragedy.

Through a conversation regarding that horrible event, I discovered from my friend Mallory that an old Jr. High friend we shared had passed away back in October too!  Ugh! That one was such a shock, I can't believe I didn't even know about it.  Liz was soooo funny and bubbly and I literally don't think she ever stopped smiling.  She moved away after Jr. High but we were still friends on Facebook and chatted occasionally.  But I'll always hold a special place in my heart for her and I'll NEVER hear the Rubber Ducky song without thinking about her. <3

It just reminds me again that we have to count each day as a precious gift from God and hold our loved ones close.  No day is guaranteed so squeeze as much love, laughter and praise as you can into it.

God's blessings to all of you!
Love
Holly

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Elizabeth Doherty. She was a redhead with lots of freckles. :)

      Delete
    2. i know her... oh my... :( what sadness... she was all you said... full of joy and smiles.

      Delete

Follow Me