SURPRISE!!!!!

Friday, March 08, 2013


                                                 UPDATE! Here's my ottoman after I tufted it!

Happy FRIDAY y'all!
     I swear I'm not really this chipper usually. Okay, maybe I am. ;) Soooo, I mentioned some surprises I had waiting for my hubby yesterday.  Well let me just say, first of all, he loved them!!! Yay me!  He was gone for 5 whole days and while he was away I finally put my big-girl panties on and finished the ottoman!!!  With the help of my partner in all things Pinteresty, Miss Tracy Blanchard of course.  OMG, let me tell you that in the weeks that my ottoman was left unfinished, my dog Presley (a black lab puppy) decided to shred some of the foam that I had adhered to the table.  I was able to piece it back together, thankfully.  I was hung up on the sewing issue as I mentioned previously.  It was not easy to line up the chevron pattern of the fabric (sidebar: Thank God I decided not to re-cover the wingback chair with this fabric) and I knew where I wanted the seam to be but knowing and actually figuring out how to get the seam there are 2 very different things. LOL We eventually figured it out though. Phew!  We had to do the seams because the fabric was long enough, but not wide enough so we had to sew 2 panels to it to cover the sides.  I'm so happy with the results.


Damn dog...
Again, damn dog, but able to put the puzzle back together.
After we got the foam all back on and batting
wrapped around nicely.



Nice little pocket fold that Tracy did.
Model Dylan (my 5 year old)


Look at that bad boy! Beautiful seam, by Tracy.

 
TADA!!! 

I still need to tuft so I'll be posting an update later.  Hopefully I can tackle that this weekend.  I needed a long crafting needle which my mother in law was so kind to have now provided me with.

The day after the ottoman was finished I also painted our very sad looking front door.  It was white-ish...  Old hardware marks/holes, chipped paint revealing a robin's egg blue that it once was... just sad.   I decided to go with a navy blue for no particular reason.  Our house is a cookie-cutter peachy color so I didn't want anything in that family and the navy just came out great.  It makes the door look so rich, in my opinion.  I'm in love.

First coat, boy was I nervous. lol


Voila! I LOVE it!!!

Daniel was home last night so it wasn't a surprise but I also made a curtain with the chevron fabric for the window next to the front door.  Some creepy guy came to the door on Wednesday night which inspired the project. lol  I'm sure he was very nice and obviously nothing happened to us but it just got me thinking that anyone of a mind to could watch me cooking or whatever through said window so it was time to cover it.  I love it also, natch. ;)

Need to add the rod to the bottom still but didn't have time.
Made a dandy tie too!  Tracy is not a fan of the raw edge on the burlap, but I like the rustic look of it so there! haha


















Tracy was nice enough to swing by last night (while her friend waited in the car for fear of children, random I know) to help me sew the top of this curtain but we could not for the life of us get the machine to work on the bottom!  So frustrating, but thankfully I have fabric glue so that took care of that. 

I'm really happy with all my projects and I can't wait to tackle more.  Daniel will be gone for several weeks a month through at least May so my goal is to have a minimum of one project done each week he's gone.  Gotta get some fabric for that wingback chair!  That should be interesting. LOL

Have a great weekend!
Holly



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ugh... How do you do it? That Ottoman is beautiful. Kudos to you! And the door is rad. Such a good mama and wifey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! It helps that my kids are older and more self sufficient, giving me a lot more free time then I used to have. ;) And me and Dan got to a point where we were sick of the look of our house. We never really spent any time decorating since we had young kids and figured anything we did would just get ruined anyway. Now I worry about that dog though... haha

      Delete
  2. i'm TOTALLY impressed! :) great job! vocally talented and NOW you can add handi-woman to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie! You've made me blush. Thank you so much! :D

      Delete

Follow Me