Motivational fail

Monday, April 08, 2013

Good Monday to you!
    
     I had a severe lack of project motivation this weekend.  I think the dining set stole all my will to paint furniture for a while.  At the very least until next weekend.  We had great family time though. :)  Saturday we went for a nice hike as planned.  It was a beautiful day out!  After the dog park we took the boys to a barbeque cook off in Wildomar.  It was pretty cool, got to sample some pretty good barbeque.  The highlight though was probably the free folding chairs we got for being some of the first ones there. You know I love free stuff! lol 

Sunday we went to church, which was really great.  Great service, lot of people having a real connection with God.  Truthfully it's been awhile since I've really felt the service.  Sad to say but true, so it was nice to re-connect. 

After church we went to a carnival at Dos Lagos shopping center.  It turns out I have developed a fear of heights and carnival rides. lol  Not cool.  We went on the Ferris Wheel and I was holding on for dear life!  After the first go-round I felt better though.  It's mostly the going up part that gets me, once I'm up I feel okay.  Same thing happened on Supreme Scream at Knotts Berry Farm the last time we went.  I went on it with my nephew, Sam, and the going up part was the  WORST! lol 

Me and Jack, see I was okay once we got up there. ;)

Ferris wheel fun. Daddy and Dylan.

 The boys first ride was the swing.  You know, that thing that spins the swings around in the air.  That was my favorite ride when I was young.  Dylan had a blast, Jack kept his eyes closed most of the time but he enjoyed it too.  However, I  was having an anxiety attack the whole time they were on it!  I don't know what my problem was.  At one point I had to just walk away and not watch, I was acting like a crazy person! haha  I know it's just because kids have no fear and now that I'm a grown-up I can appreciate just how rickety and dangerous those rides are. 

That slide is way too high for me. lol
Dylan :)








The great thing was that we got to do all the rides for FREE.  My younger brother is a security guard at Dos Lagos so he got the hookups with tickets.  He got us 100 free tickets. Score! 

So, I didn't get any projects done but we had a lovely family weekend and stayed very active.  I didn't gain any weight back either, which is nice.  I'm still at 139 lbs this morning.  We didn't work out yet but we're going to make up for it tonight. *fingers crossed* ;)

Have a great Monday! (or try at least) ;)
Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me