I'm back!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Wednesday!
   
     We're back from Redding.  10 hours drive later...  Daniel had to stay in Chico for work so me and the boys drove back with my parents.  Saturday night Dylan got a fever and Sunday Jack started too.  No fun.  Despite them not feeling great we still had a good time.  The boys went swimming in the creek behind my Grandpa's house with their dog Justice.  She's a Border Collie and such a sweetheart.

Hey guys, wait for me!

She wanted in on the fun. :)
This trip confirmed to me and Daniel that we want land.  A simple life with a crick in the backyard where the boys can run amok.  It was so nice, and so beautiful. 

Daniel and Dylan <3

We saw a real live beaver dam too! It was pretty darn cool, and so sophisticated! Jo Ann (she's my step grandmother btw and she's awesome) said that last year some poachers killed a beaver, skinned it and left the carcass.  Messed. UP. 

Look at that bad boy!
Apparently they build the dams to create a little pond for themselves, not to mention they live in the dam itself.  I think it's fascinating!  How anyone could hurt one is beyond me.  I understand hunting animals for food but just to get the pelt? Disgusting. 

It was pretty neat too to see all the birds that came around their backyard.  My favorite was the Quail. I love the way they run.  Their feet move at a furious pace.  All that moves is their feet and their little boppy head feather.  It's cute.


Well that pretty much sums it up.  Can't wait to go back, hopefully soon.  The drive sucks but it's so worth it.

Have a great day!
Holly

 P.S. My good pal Tracy was nice enough to make me a present the other day for my ottoman.  I love it!

She got a plain wood tray at Michaels craft store and painted it. :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me