Yay! Friday!!!

Friday, April 05, 2013

Good day to you all!

I'm overtired and hopped up on coffee at the moment.  That's what happens when you wake up at 5:45am and get up and work out!  I am, quite literally, sore all over.  From the neck down, I hurt.  But it hurts so good!   Day 3 on our new workout regime and it's going well so far.  Day 3 weigh in: 139 lbs.  Slow and steady...?  I know it's doing something though, hence all the sore.  My new goal, as I made mention of on Facebook, is to lose 10 lbs before my June 29th birthday.  I say that in 3 months that's totally doable.  I want to go into my 30's under 130 lbs.  I took some "before" pictures today, which I will NOT be posting. lol  Maybe if I have an amazing transformation first...  We'll see.  I'd like to have a rockin' "after" pic to go along side the "before" pic. 

This weekend is resty time but not lazy time.  We're planning to take the boys and Presley (the lab) on a nice hike to the dog park up the street tomorrow.  We found an awesome walking trail through the housing development behind ours that leads to McVicker park.  It's pretty cool.  Lots of stairs/hills though. Meh...  Other than that, I'd like to refinish the banister on our stairs this weekend too.  We shall see.  I'll be sure to post pics if we do.

I almost forgot! Last Sunday I mentioned that my in-laws and my parents and brother came over for Easter linner.  Well after they left I was rinsing something in the sink when I happened to glance up at the blinds above the sink (we have a garden window behind the sink with blinds in between) and GASP! OMG they were disgusting!!! Covered in cob webs and dust. Jack asked me what was wrong and I told him and he said, "Oh yeah, I noticed that before."  I said, "Why didn't you tell me??!!" lol


This doesn't even do it justice really... Yuck.

Enter the lifesaver! All purpose cleaner with bleach, and an old kitchen towel.
Voila! Clean blinds. Cue sigh of relief.
I cleaned them in sections and just sprayed a couple of them at a time then covered each blind with the towel and swiped it down to the end.  Bye bye gross-ness.  Sidebar: I mentioned this discovery of filthy blinds to my mother and she said, "Oh yeah, I noticed but I didn't wanna say anything." Oh man, so embarrassing, but at least they're clean now. Phew!

Well, that's all for now, have a great weekend!
Love
Holly

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. A great trick is to use an old sock on your hand instead of a rag and just grab that sucker and wipe it down... instant glove/wipe combo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trail behind the houses is what my friend Amanda and I walk/jog/run for our "training" for the Color Run. I like that trail and walking back there plus every time my butt burns hahaha The only thing I dont care for is seeing into everyones backyards lol

    BTW Where the heck is there a dog park?!?!? Or do you just mean the park in general?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, Tracy, I don't like being able to see into people's backyards either and I'm sure they don't like it too! lol McVicker is the "dog park". People go there specifically because you can lock yourself and the dogs in the baseball fields so they can't get lost and they provide poopy bags. ;)

      @Andrea I've seen that idea on Pinterest but I don't particularly like soaking my hand in bleachy stuff. :( I can double up the towel at least. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ahh.. see, you're way ahead of me! :)

      Delete

Follow Me