Creamy pasta bake

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Patriot Day!

I know it's a sad reminder of the tragedy that was 9/11, but it's also a day to be thankful for the loved ones we get to share each day with.  I am so grateful for the people in my life.  I'm grateful to be alive and to be able to have this silly blog to share some of life's journey with some great people.

So, I teased yesterday that I was going to try this recipe from Pinterest:

 http://pinterest.com/pin/30047522487199949/


Looks good, right?  Well it WAS! Yay! Pinterest success !  After my dismal Jell-O/Nemo fish bowl failure that I showed you here: http://hollyatwoodland.blogspot.com/2013/09/pinterest-fail.html

Here are some pics of my try.  Sorry they're such crappy pics from my phone. :(

Crispin up some bacon.


Awe nuts, it's so blurry.
Ah, isn't it pretty? ;)

 Oh yeah, you'll probably notice that I used spaghetti noodles instead of the tortellini the recipe calls for.  I thought we had run out of our tortellini from Costco but after I had already cooked the spaghetti, Daniel magically found it in the freezer.  I looked everywhere, I swear! 

I'll make a few tweaks next time around.  (Including using said tortellini)  I'll add another cup of spinach, more garlic, less red pepper flakes, and add more bacon.  It would be amazing with shrimp also.  Jack said, "I'll give this a grade.  It's gooood, but it's a little spicy.  If it wasn't so spicy it'd be great."  I told him that I'd take that under advisement for next time. ;)  I'm looking forward to trying it again!  Daniel liked it the way it was, but I think my tweaks will make it that much better.  Give it a go!

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to tell the special people in your life that you love them!

Love,
Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me