"You should only hit your wives."

Monday, September 23, 2013

Sh*t my kids say... Honestly, I don't know where they come up with this stuff!  Daniel said, "I don't know how he learned that, I only hit you in private."  Waka waka.

I got a call from Jack's school on Friday, informing me that he had slapped two kids (one boy and one girl) across the face.  When asked why, he said nothing.  So she tried a different tact, "How would you feel if someone did that to you?"  She asked.  His reply, "I'm a yellow belt so I would have just blocked it."  *dropping jaw*  First of all, he ain't no yellow belt ! LOL  He went to Taekwondo for 4 weeks at the community center.  And secondly, WTH???  This is contrary not only to how we have raised him but to his personality.  My friends said they thought we were talking about Dylan!   They were shocked along with us.  I mean, come on.  Look at them... 

Now which one of these kids do you suspect of being a serial killer bully? lol
So Saturday on the way to soccer games, we were re-iterating to both of them that they shouldn't hit, especially girls.  Then Jack says the 'hit your wives' comment.  Getting a trifle worried over here! haha  

We went to the Angel's game yesterday after church *see pic above*.  The boys played on our phones the entire time.  Some ball fans they are.  Okay, like freak me out man, there was a game delay due to a ginormous swarm of bees.  BEES!!!  Thankfully they didn't come our way but they cleared out a whole section of seats and descended upon the players on the field.  Somehow they finally got them out of there.  Phew!  Scared the crapola outta me though.  *shudders*

After my somewhat depressing post on Friday, I heard "Settlin" by Sugarland and if you're not familiar with it or have forgotten, some key lines are, "I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything." "Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high cuz enough ain't enough this time." I then happened upon an article in InStyle magazine about a girl who made her fortune after posting 200 YouTube makeup tutorials.  Then on Sunday we arrive at church to this:


Um, are you there God?  It's me, Holly.  Talk about being relevant.  


Message from the pastor.

Also our friend Jeff was wearing a shirt that said, "Find your purpose".  I'm trying!  I'm not a person who generally believes in "signs" but give me a break!  How obvious does it have to be?  I choose to believe that it means I'm close to something big here.  So tell all your friends about my blog, m'kay?  Thanks. ;)  This blog makes me very happy for some reason.  If blogging could be my job I'd be stoked.  Just throwing that out into the universe...

Anyhoo, that's where my heads at today.  Looking forward to MNF.  Game time, woot!

Go Broncos!!!
~Holly 

P.S. I keep eyeing my kitchen cabinets... I'm so close to doing something about them.  
Old pic but it's the only one I could find which displays my cabinets.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me