Pinspired!!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello world!

I'm really excited.  I saw a pin today that totally inspired me!

This Ikea Rast Hack :


by Kelly Boudreau over at Hello Boudreau got me thinking...  I have this small, skinny 4 drawer dresser thingy at the house that my mom gave me.  She had painted it white with cobalt blue drawers eons ago.  Really cute, just not my style.  It is currently in the boys bedroom and has one drawer sanded down to wood.  My mom was going to refinish it but gave it to me instead and I've never had the time or care to do anything to it myself.

Definitely in need of some TLC.
That was until I saw Kelly's Ikea hack!

I still have leftover linen burlap at home from my wreath attempt.  I want to sand that baby down and adhere my linen burlap to it!  I also have these old knobs from who-knows-what that I saved and have always wanted to use on something.  This is going to be so cool! If I have enough knobs, not sure how many I still have...  Eek! I can't wait to go home and scope it out.  Another free furniture makeover?? Yes, please!  It will be cool to attempt a new style of furniture re-do besides painting.  I love the painted furniture movement but this could turn out soooo cool.  Aaaand if I can get another project done before Daniel gets home... bonus! 

You see where that beige storage ottoman is by the stairs??  I hate that thing.  It serves absolutely no purpose.  Except for these...

I'm thinking I can steal these to add a little height and character to the dresser!
Well the spot where the ottoman is is where I intend to put this new dresser thing. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

To be continued...  Wish me luck!

~Holly

P.S. I totally have DIY A.D.D.  I haven't even finished the stairs, yet here I went dreaming up another project.  What did I do the rest of the day?  Looked at kitchen makeovers!  Yeesh... lol

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me