Worst morning ever?

Friday, September 06, 2013

Happy Friday!!! 

After the day I had yesterday (Broncos winning notwithstanding) I couldn't be happier for the weekend in front of me. 

Poor Jack has a terrible ear infection that is causing him soooo much pain, which is just heart wrenching since there's not much to do about it.  He went to the doctor yesterday and started antibiotics which hasn't erased the pain yet.  We give him ibuprofen and special prescribed ear drops for the pain but it does little to soothe him.  It's awful.  I don't think there's anything worse than watching your child suffer.  At one point Jack was bawling to my mom to just kill him, it hurt so bad.  Yeesh.  Meanwhile Dylan has been having an asthma cough during the night as well.

So here's my list of reasons why yesterday stunk so very much:

~I was exhausted from lack of sleep due to sick/in-pain children
~Stella (the new dog) decided to paw slap me in the face when I woke up
~Our shower head is broken and the metal clamp we use to keep it in place fell and landed right on my pinkie toe.  FROM SHOWER HEAD HEIGHT!!!
~I was late to work
~My co-worker is out sick so I have to do the work of 2 people
~I spent a half hour filling out paperwork at the doctors office, went halfway back to work when my mother called to inform me that they couldn't see him without the insurance card, which was at our house
~Drove to and from the house and was stuck behind the slowest people on the planet  going both directions

So basically it was just the worst morning ever.  The day did get better though and we were able to go out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Broncos kick the Ravens butts. 

But enough of my belly-aching.  I teased on Wednesday that I was going to try my hand at burlap wreath making.  Well wouldn't you know, I went right home and got to work.  My mother suggested I use wire hangers to make my wreath frame, so that's what I did. 


Ugly little sucker, isn't it? lol
As you can see, I bent the hangers into some semblance of circles and tied them together with twisty ties. lol  Pretty ingenious, right?
I cut my linen burlap into strips.

First attempt was terrrrrible. lol
After my first attempt I was obviously not satisfied and had almost decided to just give up but I figured I'd give it one last try.

A little better!



"A little better" is about the only commendation that I can give it.  Hey, you can't say I didn't at least try  to MacGyver it...  I looked up the wreath frame on Hobby Lobby's website and it's only like $2 so I think I will invest in one and try again.  To be continued...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and please pray that Jack's pain goes away.
~Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me