More Pinterest recipe success!

Thursday, September 12, 2013


Hi there!  I tried another Pinterest recipe yesterday.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/30047522487205409/


I actually just tried it as an experimental side dish since I had the ingredients.  It wasn't even finished until we were almost done with dinner but we tried it afterwards.  It came out great!

Revolutionary spaghetti and cheese

I'm sorry that I'm so terrible at taking food pics. lol  I took some with my real camera but I keep forgetting to bring it to the office with me to upload the better pics.  I promise that next time I will use my good camera and actually try plating  my food to look edible. But for now, you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)  I used spaghetti again since it was the only pasta I had on hand.  This pasta is "revolutionary" because you cook the pasta in 2 Cups of milk and simmer for 20 mins or until the pasta is soft enough.  Don't let the milk boil.  Then you add your salt, pepper to taste, 1 tsp of Dijon mustard and 1 Cup of cheddar cheese.  I didn't have straight cheddar but I had a mish-mosh of cheeses so I combined them.  I had a slice of Velveeta in there with some 4 blend Mexican style cheeses, a little mozzarella and a bit of Parmesan.  The kids loved it and Daniel and I brought the leftovers to work for lunch today. :D  I'd say this was a success!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/30047522487042388/

I tried the linked recipe above the other day too.  I didn't take pics but they looked just like this:


4 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies!  They came out great! You only need 1 Cup of peanut butter (the recipe calls for Natural PB but I only had the regular creamy stuff), 1 Cup of Sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and one egg.  I used a fork to combine the ingredients until they it looked just like peanut butter.  Then spoon em out on a cookie sheet and press with a fork to get the criss-cross look.  I'd make em again, especially since they were soooo stupid simple.

What are some of your favorite Pinterest recipes??  I'd love some good recommendations.

Have a great Thursday!
Love
Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me